Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pile of books.....

I helped out at the middle school Scholastic Book Fair on Tuesday afternoon and naturally I purchased a small pile of books!

My middle school son (age 12) asked me to get him all three of Heather Brewer's The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod vampire novels:
  • Eighth Grade Bites
  • Ninth Grade Slays
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds
For my just-entered-high-school son, I selected the last volume of the Bone graphic novel series, Crown of Horns, plus Gordon Korman's new one, Zoobreak. Both of the boys enjoyed Swindle--Korman's story about baseball cards--so Zoobreak seemed like a good bet. It's also short, which is a plus for my guys as they can read it in one sitting.

The scientist husband viewed the fair at the school open house on Monday night and selected a few titles from a fun science series. These small, appealing books, about seven inches square, were created by Basher and written by Dan Green.
  • Biology: Life as We Know It!
  • The Periodic Table: Elements with Style!
  • Physics: Why Matter Matters!
I limited myself to a single selection--House of the Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo, although there were a bunch of others that looked great! I'm working the book fair again on Friday afternoon, so I may succumb to the temptation to buy a few more--it's for a good cause, right? House of the Dark Shadows is the first in the Dreamhouse Kings series and features a 15-year-old male protagonist.

No comments: